LAKE ROTOITI, NEW ZEALAND
Our 100-acre Estate sits high on a knoll on the shores of Lake Rotoiti in all its spendour and glory, overlooking the surrounding hills, bays and bushland.
You may arrive by helicopter, boat or car. There are many scenic locations on the Estate. Guests may choose to arrive at the wrought-iron gates and drive up the Canadian Maple lined “mile drive”, past a Japanese Cedar grove and natural bushlands up to the Lodge or choose to arrive by helicopter and land on the lakeside lawn for a spectacular aerial view of the Estate or even come by boat for an awesome view of the Lodge from the water.
GETTING TO MOOSE LODGE
- We are short drive from central Rotorua and 3.5 hours South of Auckland by car. Arrive at our exclusive, intercom-operated gates and enjoy the seclusion of the elegant maple-lined drive leading up to the Estate.
- We are located just 15 minutes from the Rotorua International Airport, which, in turn is a short, direct flight from both the Wellington and Auckland Airports.
- Alternatively, our private helicopter landing pad provides an exclusive and thrilling entrance point for our high-profile guests.
- Dock on our 28 metre jetty on Lake Rotoiti for a dramatic amphibious entrance.
Rotorua is a desirable New Zealand location which is positioned at a high altitude allowing for warmer weather and on boasts on average 2117 sunshine hours per annum and an average annual rainfall of 1400mm.
- Summer (Dec – Feb): Daytime 21°C – 29°C
- Autumn (Mar – May): Daytime 15°C – 26°C
- Winter (Jun – Aug): Daytime 9°C – 16°C
- Spring (Sep – Nov): Daytime 13°C– 21°C